Canada Jobs For New Comers
Assistant store manager needed in Canada by Vaaho Foods Ltd.
Assistant Store Managers support the store manager in the daily business operations of the store including training and supervising employees, interacting with customers, managing inventory levels and handling any other task assigned by the store manager.
- Location: 101-13753 72 AvenueSurrey, BCV3W 2P2
- Salary: 32.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a confident and reliable Assistant Store Manager to support our store manager with the daily business operations. The Assistant Store Manager’s responsibilities include training staff, managing inventory, ensuring a safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing store environment, and assisting customers. You should also be able to promptly address and resolve customer complaints and any staff issues.
To be successful as an Assistant Store Manager you should have strong leadership and decision-making skills. An outstanding candidate will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Assistant Store Manager Responsibilities:
- Assisting the store manager in all areas of daily business operations, human resources, customer service and merchandising.
- Coordinating, monitoring and reporting on daily operations.
- Recruiting, training and supervising employees.
- Managing employee schedules, conducting performance reviews and enforcing disciplinary actions.
- Monitoring and maintaining suitable store inventory levels.
- Assisting with the development of new sales and recruitment strategies.
- Ensuring the store environment complies with health and safety regulations.
- Maintaining a clean, organized and aesthetically pleasing store front.
- Resolving customer complaints and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that store policies and procedures are followed.
Assistant Store Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous retail management experience.
- Experience in training and managing a team.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Good math skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Supermarket/grocery store
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors’ operations on sales
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold
- Implement price and credits policies
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Plan budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Determine staffing requirements
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply