Canada Jobs For New Comers
Floor covering installer needed in Canada by Sea To Sky Armor Deck Ltd.
Floor covering installers install carpet, wood, linoleum, vinyl and other resilient floor coverings in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. They are employed by construction companies, floor-covering contractors, installation companies and carpet retailers, or they may be self-employed.
- Location: Squamish, BC
- Salary: 22.50 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are searching for a trustworthy and capable flooring installer to join our company. The flooring installer will be required to brainstorm and implement effective flooring solutions in consultation with our clients. You should also ensure adherence to our protocols while observing standard safety guidelines.
To be successful as a flooring installer, you should possess the ability to deliver high-quality work within short but reasonable turnaround times. A remarkable flooring installer will recommend ways to improve workflow without sacrificing craftsmanship.
Flooring Installer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients and inspecting sites to determine the most appropriate flooring solutions.
- Advising clients about foreseeable costs before installation begins.
- Removing existing flooring and discarding of this material, if applicable.
- Clearing the work surface from dust, debris, and obstructions.
- Preparing the work surface by applying adhesive, grouting, or other appropriate materials.
- Laying wood, carpeting, tiles, concrete, and other types of flooring.
- Ensuring that the flooring materials are well-positioned, secure, and clean.
- Completing the installation by applying appropriate finishes.
- Educating clients about suitable care for their floors.
- Following safe procedures and encouraging clients to do the same, where applicable.
Flooring Installer Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Prior experience as a flooring installer.
- Catalog of completed flooring installations.
- Valid driver’s license is preferable.
- Good arithmetic skills.
- Ability to install all types of flooring with minimal supervision.
- Capable of independent and group work.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Thorough and efficient.
- Physically fit and able to lift large, heavy equipment and materials.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
Work site environment
- Various locations
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
- Prepare and install hardwood floors
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- Estimate costs and materials
- Prepare floors for installations
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
- Perform direct glue-down carpet installations
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
P.O. Box 644
Garibaldi HIghlands, BC